Welcome to Immanuel Immigrations

Canada Family visa

Sponsorship Visa

You can sponsor relatives(certain) immigrating to Canada under Family Class if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or
  • A person who is registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
  • Permanent resident of Canada
  • If you would like to sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:
  • Support your relative financially (not dependent on anyone and should have minimum required funds) when they arrive in Canada.
  • Should be able to meet basic needs for yourself and your relative, such as:
    • Food
    • Shelter
    • Clothing
    • Make sure your relative doesn’t need social assistance
    • Sponsoring an eligible relative
  • You can sponsorrelatives (certain) if you’re 18 years of age or older:
    • Canadian citizen or
    • Person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
    • Permanent resident of Canada
  • You must live in Canada in order to sponsor eligible relatives unless you:
    • are a Canadian citizen who lives abroad. And
    • plan to return to Canada when your relatives immigrate and
    • are sponsoring your:
    • spouse or
    • common-law or conjugal partner or
    • dependent children who have no dependent children

If you wish to live in Quebec, and immigrate to Canada under QSWP, then you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor after IRCC approves you as a sponsor. Thismay includes signing an “undertaking” with the province of Quebec. This is like a contract that binds your sponsorship.

When you will sponsor a relative to become a permanent resident of Canada, you should:

  • Meet set income guidelines
  • Agree in writing to give financial support to your relative and any other eligible relatives coming with them:
  • Beginning on the date they become a permanent resident
  • for up to 20 years (depending on their age and how you’re related)
  • The person you sponsor must sign an agreement saying they will make the effort to support themselves. This includes sponsored dependent children 18 or older. Dependent children under 19 don’t have to sign this agreement at all.

Who isn’t eligible to sponsor a relative?

You will or may not be able to sponsor a relative if you:

  • Are in prison
  • Have not paid your alimony or child support payments
  • Have declared bankruptcy and haven’t been released from it yet
  • Got social assistance for reasons other than being disabled
  • Didn’t pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments
  • Sponsored another relative in the past and didn’t meet the terms of the sponsorship agreementwere convicted of a violent crime, any offence against a relative or any sexual offence, depends on case specific details, which are case by case such as:

the type of offence could possibly be:

  • How long ago it was committed to be specific.
  • Whether a record suspension was ideally issued (formerly it was called “pardons” in Canada)
  • Other things which are not listed here may stop you from being able to sponsor a relative.
  • You will be able to only sponsor close relatives like a brother, sister, aunt or uncle in very specific situations usually. If at all your family member doesn’t meet the criteria below, you may use look for other options available.
  • There are 2 options for who you can sponsor which are depending on your situation.
  • Orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild.

You may be able to sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild only if they meet all of these critical and important conditions:

  • They’re related to you by blood or adoption
  • Both their mother and father passed away
  • They’re under 18 years of age
  • They’re single (not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship) which may also refer to sometimes never married.
  • You will not be able sponsor your brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if:
  • One of their parents is still alive
  • No one knows where their parents are
  • Their parents abandoned them
  • Someone else (guardian) other than their parents is taking care of them while their parents are alive or at least one parent is alive.
  • Their parent or parents is in jail or otherwise detained
  • Other relative

You will be able to sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, by meeting these requirements.

  • you (who is sponsoring a relative) donot have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:
  • spouse
  • common-law partner
  • conjugal partner
  • son or daughter
  • parent
  • grandparent
  • orphaned brother or sister
  • orphaned nephew or niece
  • orphaned grandchild
  • you (the possible potential sponsor) donot have any relatives whosoever (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:
    • Canadian citizen
    • Permanent resident
    • Registered Indian under the Indian Act
    • If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with them to Canada, you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

Examples of who you can sponsor

Note: You can’t sponsor someone who is inadmissible (cannot immigrate or ineligible) to Canada.

Steps by step to sponsor your relatives:

  • Get the application package.
  • Pay your application fees.
  • Submit your application

Your documentation consultant will be guiding you step by step in all stages to submit a complete application to IRCC.